Pre-conference activities started yesterday. Formal sessions run throughout the day Saturday and Sunday; most will be streamed live, with additional notes and resources archived and accessible later through the conference wiki. Much in these presentations will be worth sinking your teeth into, whether you find them provocative, reinforcing, challenging, bewildering, or eureka-moment inspiring.
More about EduCon 2.1:
EduCon 2.1 is both a conversation and a conference.
And it is not a technology conference. It is an education conference. It is, hopefully, an innovation conference where we can come together, both in person and virtually, to discuss the future of schools. Every session will be an opportunity to discuss and debate ideas -- from the very practical to the big dreams.
Guiding Principles of EduCon 2.1
1) Our schools must be inquiry-driven, thoughtful and empowering for all members
2) Our schools must be about co-creating -- together with our students -- the 21st Century Citizen
3) Technology must serve pedagogy, not the other way around.
4) Technology must enable students to research, create, communicate and collaborate
5) Learning can -- and must -- be networked.